Serves 2 happy vegans as a main dish or 4 lucky dinner guests as a side salad
1 bunch lacinato (or tuscan) kale
2 large carrots
⅓ cup apple juice sweetened dried cranberries
⅓ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
½ cup plain crunchy chickpeas
½ cup Avocado Vinaigrette
- Wash and dry kale and carrots.
- Remove woody stems from kale and compost. Shred leaves into small strips using a knife. Toss into a big bowl. Pour in ¼ cup Avocado Vinaigrette and massage till the kale softens and says “Oh la la!” If you don’t hear your kale, don’t fret, it will still be fantastic.
- Shred carrots with a grater. Add into salad with cranberries, toasted pumpkin seeds and crunchy chickpeas**.
- Finish tossing the salad with the rest of the Avocado Vinaigrette, or enough to your liking. We won’t judge if you use half of the bottle!
- This salad typically never even makes it to a plate, we serve it sitting side by side with a couple of forks.
**Pro Tip – Making this ahead of time? Good idea! But leave out the pumpkin seeds and crunchy chickpeas until your guests arrive, then toss them in. Keeps everything crisp.