Serve and “Wow!” 2 folks as a main dish or 4 folks as a side salad
1 small butternut squash
½ cup quinoa
½ cup pomegranate seeds
½ cup toasted pecans
½ cup loosely packed parsley
¼ – ½ cup Apple Ginger Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and peel butternut squash. Cut into bite sized cubes, you’ll need about 3 cups raw**.
- Toss the cubes with oil, salt and a little pepper. Roast on a parchment covered sheet tray for 20 – 25 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. You’ll know these are done when they are easily pierced with fork. Remove from the oven and cool on the sheet tray.
- Rinse the quinoa really really well. Then rinse it again for good luck. Drain and add into a small pot. Add in 1 cup water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered on low heat for about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, leave the top on for another 5 minutes. Drain off any excess water and add into a large bowl. Fluff with a fork and let cook slightly.
- Chop the parsley and toss with quinoa, butternut, pomegranate seeds, pecans and Apple Ginger Vinaigrette to taste. Best served warm or room temperature.
**Pro Tip – If you have extra butternut, go ahead and roast it up! It is delicious in eggs, tossed in a salad for tomorrow, or on its own as a snack with a little cheese.